Friday, January 11, 2019

30! Self-Portrait and Project conclusion



______


' self portrait '

Not my favorite subject. Would have liked to have more 
time to explore a self-portrait but the spirit of our
project is what counts. And it has been a great
experience. Hat's off to my partner here, Ann, for
her dedication, discipline and enthusiasm! And,
wonderful paintings.

jim

___________________

_____




‘Self Portrait in the 30th Day’
oil on canvas
14” x 11”

Omg 30 paintings in 30 days. This one almost killed me. Nothing like a self portrait to make you test your insecurity and self judgement. But I wanted to note the end of this project and how much it consumed me. Jim (my partner in the 30 day challenge) and I worked through holidays, family celebrations, bad weather, sickness and frankly sort of exhaustion at the end.

Ann

___________

No comments:

Post a Comment